Become a member of the EIHA now! (Online Application, PDF) ++ New Press Releases ++ Support the Cologne Declaration on Industrial Hemp ++
Latest activities and publications on CBD
- NEW 19-03-12 Presentation (PDF): EIHA presentation on Hemp Extracts
- 19-02-01 PRESS RELEASE: European Industrial Hemp Association greets WHO’s recommendations to remove low THC preparations from international control and reschedule cannabis and cannabis-related substances
- 19-01-14 PRESS RELEASE: European Industrial Hemp Association asked by European Commission to advise on traditional or novel food status of hemp extracts
- 18-12-05 PRESS RELEASE: Comments on WHO’s Critical Reviews of CBD and Extracts and Tinctures of cannabis, and EIHA recommendations to WHO on low-THC preparations from industrial hemp
- 18-12-04 EIHA statement on recommendations of the 40th ECDD on Cannabidiol and contribution to the 41st ECDD Critical reviews of Cannabis-related substances
- 18-10 Position paper of EIHA on CBD, update October 2018 (support page)
- 18-01-17 Press Release: Pre-review of CBD by the World Health Organization (WHO) with favorable results – next step in May
- 17-12-07-Joint EIHA – FAAAT contribution to the 39th ECDD evaluation of Cannabidiol
- 17-03-29 Press Release: Patchwork of regulations on Cannabidiol (CBD) endangering use as a food supplement to the detriment of consumers and food industry
- 16-10-24-Review on: Safety and Side Effects of CBD
- 16-09-01-Even high doses of oral cannabidiol do not cause THC-like effects in humans
- 16-10-26_Rechtsgutachten_CBD_Novel Food
Latest activities and publications on THC
- 19-01-16 Press Release: CAP Reform, an opportunity to enhance hemp varieties
- 18-03-07 Press Release: The European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA) demands rational THC limits for industrial hemp in accordance with international regulations
- 17-09-18 Sinnvolle Richtwerte für THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) in Lebensmitteln
- 17-09-18 Reasonable guidance values for THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) in food products
- 17-09-18 Press Release: Reasonable guidance values for THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) in food products
- 16-10-25-Decarboxylation of Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) to active THC
- 16-12-19-Comparison of EFSA’s rationale behind using uncertainty factors for plant ingredients in food
- 16-12-08-Legal-Opinion-legal marketability of food with THC
Aims of the EIHA are
- To support the cultivation, processing and use of industrial Hemp – i.e. Hemp strains that are allowed to be cultivated in accordance with EU law and the raw materials of which are processed industrially – and its products.
- To collect important information on industrial Hemp and industrial Hemp policy, to publish data about the European Natural Fibres Industry and to establish market figures and trends.
- To give industrial partners easy access to the European Hemp Industry via the EIHA homepage.
- To establish a regular exchange of information between its members and to co-operate with other national, European and international organisations and associations.
- To represent the industry to EU institutions and National Ministries.
- To support communication between the National Ministries concerning EU-policy.
- To provide EU institutions, National Ministries, the media and the public with current and reliable information on industrial Hemp, to develop and submit recommendations for changes to present laws, regulations, standards and guidelines on EU and national levels.
Why you should join the EIHA?
- All questions about Industrial Hemp business are passed on to the relevant EIHA members.
- As a regular member – be part of specialist email groups on topics as CBD, fibres… and be listed at www.eiha.org/suppliers
- Instant access to more than 400 presentations, studies and statistical data.
- You will be part of a network of important international Hemp actors: 170 companies, associations, institutes and individuals are already supporting EIHA!
- Support the networking, lobbying and publishing of information on industrial Hemp by EIHA!