The “European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA)” has formed itself as an association of Hemp primary processing companies within the EU (regular members). Associate members are associations, national organisations, companies and individuals working in the field of Industrial Hemp or other natural fibres. Become a member of the EIHA now!
Latest activities and publications on CBD
- NEW: 18-01-17 Press Release: Pre-review of CBD by the World Health Organization (WHO) with favorable results – next step in May
- NEW: 17-12-07-Joint EIHA – FAAAT contribution to the 39th ECDD evaluation of Cannabidiol
- 17-03-29 Press Release: Patchwork of regulations on Cannabidiol (CBD) endangering use as a food supplement to the detriment of consumers and food industry
- 17-01 Position paper of EIHA on CBD, update January 2017 (support page)
- 16-10-24-Review on: Safety and Side Effects of CBD
- 16-09-01-Even high doses of oral cannabidiol do not cause THC-like effects in humans
- 16-10-26_Rechtsgutachten_CBD_Novel Food
Latest activities and publications on THC
- 17-09-18 Reasonable guidance values for THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) in food products
- 17-09-18 Press Release: Reasonable guidance values for THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) in food products
- 16-10-25-Decarboxylation of Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) to active THC
- 16-12-19-Comparison of EFSA’s rationale behind using uncertainty factors for plant ingredients in food
- 16-12-08-Legal-Opinion-legal marketability of food with THC
Aims of the EIHA are
- To support the cultivation, processing and use of industrial Hemp – i.e. Hemp strains that are allowed to be cultivated in accordance with EU law and the raw materials of which are processed industrially – and its products.
- To collect important information on industrial Hemp and industrial Hemp policy, to publish data about the European Natural Fibres Industry and to establish market figures and trends.
- To give industrial partners easy access to the European Hemp Industry via the EIHA homepage.
- To establish a regular exchange of information between its members and to co-operate with other national, European and international organisations and associations.
- To represent the industry to EU institutions and National Ministries.
- To support communication between the National Ministries concerning EU-policy.
- To provide EU institutions, National Ministries, the media and the public with current and reliable information on industrial Hemp, to develop and submit recommendations for changes to present laws, regulations, standards and guidelines on EU and national levels.
Why you should join the EIHA?
- All questions about Industrial Hemp business are passed on to the relevant EIHA members.
- Be part of specialist email groups on topics as CBD, fibres…
- Instant access to more than 400 presentations, studies and statistical data.
- You will be part of a network of important international Hemp actors: 130 companies, associations, institutes and individuals are already supporting EIHA!
- Support the networking, lobbying and publishing of information on industrial Hemp by EIHA!
Download: Application form for membership of the EIHA (PDF).