Join Us Now and have a voice in the future of our industry!
EIHA offers different membership options:
- Regular Members: for companies registered in Europe
- Regular Members Non-EU: for companies that are registered outside Europe
- National Industrial Hemp Associations / Research Institutes
- Membership Plus: for industry professionals dealing with hemp (lawyers, consultants and service providers)
- Associate Members: for individuals and farmers
Regular members (RM) benefit from a unique access to all EIHA documents, reports and legal opinions from our lawyers, the participation in workshops and networking opportunities. Regular members are invited exchange and discuss the latest developments in workshops free of charge prior to the annual conference (www.eiha-conference.org) and are part of special email groups on topics such as CBD, THC and fibres. Each regular member has 10 votes or more (depending on their turnover) at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
National Federations of Hemp Farmers and Hemp Associations can join EIHA and have full access to EIHA database. Each association has 10 votes.
Membership Plus is aimed at professional service providers in the hemp industry (i.e. lawyers, market intelligence and research companies, tax advisors etc).
Any individual or farmer can become an Associate Member (AM). AMs have 1 vote at the AGM. Benefits include the participation at the AGM, the right to speak, to vote and to make proposals. Moreover, AM, as well as all the other members, receive the EIHA’s newsletter and communications and lobbying alerts.
*Calculation of EIHA membership fees
The EIHA membership fees refer to the “hemp turnover level” (see definition below). When calculating the membership fees, in general (see statutes) the annual turnover of the member according to the last annual financial statement before the respective meeting is decisive.
Currently in 2020, the “hemp turnover level” of the annual financial statement of the year 2018 is taken into account, based on the already published annual statement.
The following guidelines serve as an orientation for the corresponding assessment of the hemp turnover level, especially regarding a “hemp-relevant product”:
“Hemp turnover level” is defined as
- all turnover generated by cultivation, processing, or trade of industrial hemp/Cannabis sativa L. plants, and its derived products (“hemp-relevant product”)
“Hemp relevant products” are products
- that are produced from hemp or are marketed as “hemp product” or “hemp-containing” product due to their mixture with hemp or due to the admixture of hemp,
- a product in which a minimal amount of hemp is added, and which is not advertised or listed as an ingredient (either for regulatory or marketing reasons) as an ingredient or condiment or component is not to be included in this turnover calculation
Normally, however, producers, manufacturers and traders use the ingredient hemp because of its qualities and properties, i. a. for marketing or nutritional reasons. Thus, hemp has a corresponding significance for the product. We would like to have members who fulfil their responsibility towards this raw material and support it with regard to the legal situation, its marketing and the corresponding lobbying.
Basically, we would like all companies in the hemp industry to become members of the EIHA, regardless of whether they belong to a holding company or not. Should it be desired for internal reasons of the holding or company´s group that only the holding company becomes a member of the EIHA, the hemp turnover level of all subsidiaries should be taken into account.
Companies that do not yet generate turnover with hemp (or CBD-related products), but only intend to do so in the future, will be taken into account with an estimated turnover, which will be agreed upon by the Board and the applicant in each individual case.
In the following table you can see the membership fees in relation to the annual turnover:
Join us – the voice of the European hemp industry